Pilanesberg National Park & Sun City (full day tour, approx. 10 – 11 hours) (incl. entrace)
2+ Persons pp
Note: * = Additional R250 per vehicle for pick-up or drop-off in Johannesburg/OR Tambo International Airport/Sandton
The Pilanesberg National Park borders on the entertainment complex of Sun City. The park is 55.000 hectares in extent. It is almost perfectly circular because it comprises the area of a 1200 million years old volcano crater with a small lake in the centre. This very scenic terrain lies in the transition zone between Kalahari and Lowveld, and both types of vegetation are found here.
In the Pilanesberg National Park today virtually all the animal species of southern Africa live, including, lions, elephants, white and black rhinos, buffaloes, leopards, zebras, hyenas, giraffes, hippos and crocodiles. Over 300 bird species were counted.
The Pilanesberg National Park is a Malaria-free area.
In comination, visit also the entertainment world of Sun City, where you can relax in the splendour of the lost city, the valley of waves or try your luck at the famous gambling halls.
Full Day Pilanesberg National Park & Sun City Tour:
Generally tours start at 7:00 AM, but departure times can be arranged to suit your needs.
You guide will pick you up from your hotel in Pretoria, or Johannesburg, or from the Oliver Tambo international airport in Johannesburg (you might wish to overnight in the 4 star Touraco Guesthouse in Pretoria).
The scenic drive to Pilanesberg takes about 2 hours. You’ll enter the park at approximately 9:00, to start the exiting search for Africa’s Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino & Buffalo).
At lunch time you’ll stop for approximately an hour at the Pilanesberg visitor center, one of the picnic sites or at one of the park’s rest camps, or Sun City for a light lunch (not included).
After lunch we’ll leave the park to drive to Sun City, where your can visit the valley of the waves (entrance to the vally of the waves not included) or try your luck at the gambling tables. You'll leave Sun City at approximately 15:00, in time to be back in Johannesburg/ Pretoria, or the airport at approximately 17:00
* Pick-up at OR Tambo airport (Johannesburg), or your Hotel in Johannesburg/Pretoria. Please note, a surcharge of R250.00 applies for pick-up or drop-off in Johannesburg/OR Tambo International Airport/Sandton
* Guided tour in Pilanesberg National Park in Air-conditioned vehicle, conducted by a SA Tourism registered guide.
* Park entrance fees, fuel & one bottle of water.
* Sun City entrance fees
* Light lunch (drinks for own account)
* Value Added Tax
* Optional game-drives in open Jeeps
* Optional Bush-walk
* All Gratuities
* Medical Aid or Travel Insurance
* Tours are generally conducted in English. Surcharge applies for foreign language guides.
* Selection of lunch site, etc. is made by the Tour Guide, dependent on game availability & weather.
In your booking requests kindly provide us with the following info:
1. Number of persons in your group (no minimum number)
2. Desired date of tour.
3. Place of departure (early morning, from Pretoria/Johannesburg)
4. Optional Open Jeep Game Drive
Pilanesberg & Sun City Full Day Tour