2 & more persons R1 500.00 per person; Single person R2 600.00
½ Day : Morning or Afternoon (± 3 hours, departure times may be changed to suit customers)
Enjoy a surface Tour of the famous Cullinan Diamond Mine: Since the discovery of diamond pipes in the world, it was established that the Cullinan Diamond Pipe is the oldest diamond pipe in the world. In 1905 only a mere 9 metres from surface the world’s biggest rough diamond the CULLINAN at 3106ct was found. This diamond was given to King Edward the VII of England on his 66th birthday. It was plit into 9 individual stones, now forming part of the British Crown Jewels.
Highlights of the tour:
- Introductory DVD of underground operations (15min)
- Diamond Display Room – replicas of very famous diamonds (from Cullinan Diamond Mine and all over the world
- Mock up life size underground tunnel – guide explains the construction of tunnels underground
- Shafts where the kimberlite rock is hoisted from 500m underground to surface
- Winding Engine Room – heart of the shafts operation
- Lookout point of the Big Hole – where the volcanic eruption took place 1.2 billion years ago ( 4 times larger and 2 x deeper then Kimberly’s big hole
- Diamond Cutting and Jewellery shop – where the end product can be viewed and bought (including the 66 facet Cullinan Star Cut which can only be bought at Cullinan Diamonds, which is the last leg of our tour.
Underground Tours can also be arranged on special request!
can also be combined as a Full Day Tour with:
|Tour||Full Day Tour Combination|
|Rietvlei Nature Reserve||Cullinan Diamon Mine & Rietvlei Nature Reserve|
|Pretoria City Tour||Cullinan Diamon Mine & Pretoria City Tour|
|Soweto Tour||Cullinan Diamon Mine & Soweto Tour|
|Lion Park||Cullinan Diamon Mine & Lion Park|
Further Tour information:
1/2 Day : Morning or Afternoon (± 3 hours, departure times may be changed to suit customers )
Clients will be picked up at the OR Tambo Airport (Johannesburg) or their accommodation in Johannesburg or Pretoria.
NB.: an additional R450 per vehicle for each pick-up/drop-off in Johannesburg/ORTambo Airport/Sandton.
Lunch is not included.
- Guided tour in Air-conditioned vehicle, conducted by a SA Tourism registered guide.
- Entrance fees, fuel
- Tours are generally conducted in English. Surcharge applies for foreign language guides.
In your booking requests kindly provide us with the following info:
- Number of persons in your group (no minimum number)
- Desired date of tour.
- Pick-up address (place of departure) (Hotel, Home, or OR Tambo Airport)
Booking / Enquiry:
send an E-mail directly to the following E-mail Address: